Ms. Sampriti Bhattacharya (Electrical Engineering department, 2008 pass out) has qualified for internship, 2011 in NASA, USA
Summer Internship programme abroad for - "2009"
1) Ms. Sampriti Bhattacharya (Electrical Engineering department, 4th-year) again has been selected for Fermi Laboratory in USA to do her summer internship from 15th june '09 to 30th september '09. She will continue her work on "High Current Transducers Used for Measuring Current in the Accelerator's Magnets".
2) Robin Kingsley Rajkumar (Electrical Engineering department, 3rd-year) selected by DAAD and IAESTE - International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience for a technical internship in physics at the technical university. Ilmenau , Germany for 16th june '09 to 29th july '09.
Summer Internship programme abroad for - "2008"
Miss. Sampriti Bhattacharya of Electrical Engineering department, 7th Sem.
Organization : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory( Fermilab) [High Energy Physics, DOE]
Department : Control and Instrumentation, Technical Division
City : Batavia, Illinois, USA
Period : 28th July 2008 to 26th September, 2008
Project : Calibration of High Current Transducers Used for Measuring Current in the Accelerator's Magnets
Supervisor : Mr. Andrzej Makulski
Mentor : Dr. Darryl Orris
1. Working in one of the most prestigious national laboratories of USA, she has been able to develop a method for the calibration of high current transducer used for measuring current in conventional and super conducting magnets of the accelerator. The method can be implemented for precise calibration of Danfysiks and Hitec transducers having a current range up to 30,000A .
2. She successfully developed the calibration software using LabVIEW graphical programming language, including the user interface for performing calibration.
3. Prepared the documentation and manual for the procedure.